Metric measurements can be found here
For information on the dough's electrical resistivity, click here
1 cup Water
1 1/2 cups Flour
(A gluten free version of
this dough can be made by replacing the flour with gluten-free flour.)
1/4 cup Salt
3 Tbsp. Cream of Tartar*
1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
Food Coloring (optional)
*9Tbsp. of Lemon Juice may be Substituted
1. Mix water, 1cup of flour, salt, cream of tartar, vegetable oil, and food coloring in a medium sized pot.
2. Cook over medium heat and stir continuously.
3. The mixture will begin to boil and start to get chunky.
4. Keep stirring the mixture until it forms a ball in the center of the pot.
5. Once a ball forms, place the ball on a lightly floured surface.
WARNING: The ball will be very hot. We suggest flattening it out and letting it cool for a couple minutes before handling.
6. Slowly knead the remaining flour into the ball until you’ve reached a desired consistency.
7. Store in an airtight container or plastic bag. While in the bag, water from the dough will create condensation. This is normal. Just knead the dough after removing it from the bag, and it will be as good as new. If stored properly, the dough should keep for several weeks.