When you have completed each exercise, deposit it in your OneDrive folder. The About This Class page has detailed instructions on how to prepare your exercise responses.
- Exercise 1: What images tell your personal story?
- Exercise 2: Advertisements are full of signs. Your task is to decode a typical magazine ad.
- Exercise 3: Alan Gowans⁽ uses of art are still relevant. What use does each image represent?
- Exercise 4: Lines and spaces have semiotic meaning. If you think about it, some spaces are sacred to you.
- Exercise 5: Type has personality and meaning, as this exploration will demonstrate.
- Exercise 6: Film analysis. Decode the style of film making.
- Exercise 7: The screen.We have come to accept being surrounded by images.