Synecdoche is a powerful tool of advertising and marketing. Ads are not allowed on college football uniforms, but the Nike swoosh is instantly recognizable as a sign for the whole corporation and all its products, even at small sizes in photos and on television.
Also not intertextuality
- Synecdoche is a type of association where:
- A part stands for a whole.
- An individual stands for a class.
- Example: The White House stands for the executive branch of government
- The reverse also can be true.
- The White House said ... means someone in the administration said something speaking for the whole.